POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : transparency color clipping produces another color : Re: transparency color clipping produces another color Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: transparency color clipping produces another color
From: bob h
Date: 17 Jan 2002 02:00:51
Message: <3c4676a3@news.povray.org>
"Coridon Henshaw" <che### [at] sympaticoca> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> "bob h" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in news:3c4210f3$1@news.povray.org:
>
> > A filter 2 added to a rgb 0.5 is okay, but filter 2 with a rgb 0.6
> > (multiplies out to 1.2) is not.
>
> I will try to confirm your bug if you can post a scene which demonstrates
> what you are talking about.

First of all, thanks for the offer.
I was too hasty before thinking it was filter and color alone causing it,
cursed complex scene files :-)   At least I know I have narrowed it down to
the following script.

/* transparency plus fresnel reflection and exponent causes unexpected
colors */

camera {perspective location <0,0,-4> angle 45 look_at 0}
light_source {-10*z, color rgb 1}

text {
        ttf "timrom.ttf" "FILTER 1+",1,0
        pigment {
                rgbft
                <1,1,1,1.01,0> // filter greater than 1
                }
        finish {
                reflection {
                        0.01,1  // min needs to be greater than zero
                         fresnel
                         exponent 0.50001  // lower to 0.5 and effect
disappears
                        }
                }
 translate <-2,0,0>
}

This shows it to be a combination of things, although the culprit seems to
be fresnel and exponent.  If you or anybody else can check further into it
maybe there's more or less to this.
Beta 10 does the same as what i saw in beta 9, the 3.5.beta.10.icl.w32 to be
exact.

bob h